Hyundai Genesis Recall

Hyundai Genesis Recall affects about 27,500 vehicles.

Hyundai has announced about its voluntary Hyundai Genesis recall lately. Nearly 27,500 vehicles are affected by this recall. All the affected vehicles are of model years 2009-2012. Hyundai Genesis luxury sedans were built between April 1, 2008, and March 16, 2012.


The automaker has previously launched a service campaign to replace the brake fluid in these vehicles. The campaign fixed about 60% of those vehicles. This new voluntary Genesis recall will handle the remaining 40 percent (about 27,500 cars).


The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) has received 23 complaints so far. All the complaints concerned the vehicles’ braking system. The thing is that the ABS system of the cars may be defective and this may be caused by the brake fluid. One crash occurred due to the defect.


The dealers will replace the brake fluid in the affected cars. The owners of the affected vehicles will receive recall notification letters via certified mail. All the repairs will be performed at no charge to the consumers.


The automaker is cooperating with the NHTSA about its Hyundai Genesis recall to make sure all their consumers feel safe.

You May Also Like

Should I Buy a 4 x 4?

Many buyers assume that a 4 x 4 is a workhorse, a labourer, a fusion of metal and drive that will always plough on through the rough